The booking must be made by a person over 21 years of age who agrees on behalf of all named persons to abide by this Contract.
1. Contract – A Contract shall come into existence when booking confirmation has been confirmed at Castlewood Leisure Office. The Contract shall be deemed to have been made at the time of booking and be subject to Scottish Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts. These conditions of hire form the basis of our contract with you.
2. Terms – Prices apply from the week in which the greater number of nights are taken. Included in the price is the provision of bed linen and towels.
3. Parties – The accommodation shall only be used by the persons listed on the booking form, unless changes are agreed in writing with us prior to arrival. The total number in your party shall not exceed the capacity of the holiday home as advertised. Babies under 2 years are not counted as a member of your party for this purpose.
We will do our best to accommodate you in your preferred choice of lodge/lodge type. However, should it be necessary for any reason, we reserve the right to substitute alternative accommodation of a similar quality.
Female groups are accepted only at our discretion and with our specific permission.
Should you arrive at the holiday park with a group which does not meet these criteria we reserve the right to refuse the use of the accommodation. You may be asked to pay a security deposit at time of take-over.
We also reserve the right to refuse to hand over accommodation to any person(s) who, in our opinion, is not suitable to take charge of it. In such cases, all hire charges paid will be refunded in full and the Contract shall be cancelled.
If, in our opinion, any person(s) is not suitable to continue the holiday because of unreasonable behaviour, damage to property, or annoyance to the holiday makers, the Contract may be terminated. In this event the hirer shall remain liable to pay the hire price and no refund will be due.
The accommodation must be left in a clean and tidy state when vacated and any breakages or damage to unit must be paid for before departure. We reserve the right to charge for any abnormal cleaning which may be necessary. All accommodation is non-smoking; an additional cleaning charge of £150 will be made to those who fail to observe this rule.
We have the right to enter any accommodation (without prior notice if this is not practicable or possible) if special circumstances or emergencies arise.
A number of lodges are specially adapted to make them suitable for wheelchair users. However, the disabled visitor should normally be accompanied by others to attend to their mobility requirements. We try to provide wheelchair access wherever practical, but some facilities may not provide such access. It is essential that such parties state any special needs at the time of booking and we will do our best to accommodate them or point out which facilities may be unsuitable.
We reserve the right to provide alternative accommodation of (at least) an equivalent class, even when parties have been advised of their specific lodge number(s).
4.1 Deposit- When booking you must pay the initial payment due, This deposit is part payment towards the cost of your holiday. If you wish to take out a Cancellation Guarantee Plan you must indicate this when booking.
4.2 Balance – The balance is due 8 weeks before your holiday start date. For bookings made within 8 weeks of your holiday start date, the full monies are payable at the time of booking. If payment is not made according to these terms we reserve the right to cancel your holiday and retain the deposit paid.
5. Cancellation – If you have to cancel your holiday for any reason, send us written notification and your cancellation will be effective from the date of receipt. If you cancel more than 6 weeks before the start date your deposit will be forfeited.
If you cancel less than 8 weeks before the start of your holiday and have not taken out the Cancellation Guarantee Plan a refund will not be due.
6. “Force Majeure” – We regret we cannot accept responsibility or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contract with you is prevented or affected by reason of circumstances which amount to force majeure.
Circumstances amounting to force majeure include any event which we could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such circumstances include the destruction or damage of your holiday home (which cannot reasonably be remedied to a satisfactory standard before the start of your holiday) through fire, flood, explosion, storm or other weather damage, break-in, criminal damage or any similar event. Such circumstances also include riots or civil strife, industrial action, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, war or threat of war, actual or threatened terrorist activity and all similar situations beyond our control.
In such an event we will endeavour to offer you alternative holiday accommodation if available. If we cannot do so or if you do not wish to accept the alternative we offer, we will refund all monies you have paid to us in full. Where any cancellation or change results from force majeure, our liabilities are limited to offering you an alternative holiday home (where available) or full refund as set out above. We regret we cannot pay any compensation or meet any expenses or costs you may incur as a result of any such cancellation or change.
7. Occupancy – Occupancy shall be from 4 pm on the day of arrival to 10 am on the day of departure, unless special arrangements have been made (the housekeepers have only a limited time to prepare the property for the next guest and you are asked to respect this).
8. Pets – Pets are welcome on payment of an additional charge of £25 per dog certain lodges are kept pet free. There is no charge for guide dogs. Bring your pet basket with you, Pets must keep off bedding or other soft furnishings.
Only well-behaved pets should be left unattended in the lodge and then only for short periods of time. Any damage caused by pets will be charged for.
When exercising your pet on the park it must be on a lead. Please clean up any fouling without delay; bins are provided by the woodland walk.
Just one pet is allowed at the lodge (two small ones may be allowed by arrangement).
In the interest of visitors’ safety, and following recent government legislation, we are sorry we are unable to accept the following types of dog; American Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Fuila Brasileiro and Dogo Argentino even where these types of dog are muzzled as required by government legislation. Any other type of pet which could present a danger or alarm to other visitors is also excluded.
9. Vehicles – Your vehicles and their accessories and contents are left entirely at your risk. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage from or to any vehicle from any cause whatsoever other than in the case of negligence of our employees or agents.
If electric vehicles hook up to the lodge to charge their vehicle a charge of £75 will be applied.
10. Liability – We cannot accept liability for any damage, expenses, injury, death or loss of any nature whatsoever suffered by any person(s) from any cause other than in the case of the negligence of our employees or agents.
You are strongly recommended to take out appropriate personal insurance for your holiday.
11. Shortcomings – You must notify us of any shortcomings with your lodge immediately so that corrective action can be taken. We cannot accept liability in relation to any shortcomings or claim of whatever nature if you fail to notify us of any complaint or claim during your holiday and write to us within 14 days of the end of your holiday.